Are you still using shower curtains? Not only do they easily become unattractive, but they also create an unwanted visual barrier that prevents light from entering your bathing/showering space.
So, it’s time to consider installing shower glass doors to enhance the overall appearance of your bathroom.
Many clients ask us about the best type of glass door to install on their bathtubs. There is no such thing as a ‘best’ option or ‘correct’ bathtub glass panel. Indeed, the answer will vary depending upon the space available, the decor, the customer’s style, etc.
However, if you are looking for a bathtub glass door solution that is both functional and beautiful, consider installing sliding glass shower doors. You can visit the Shower Lagoon showroom to find some of the best-sliding bathtub glass doors in the Toronto area.
First, let’s discuss why sliding glass doors are a great design choice for your bathtub.
Why You Should Consider Sliding Glass Bathtub Doors
We have served Greater Vancouver for the past many years, serving numerous clients with different needs. Dealing with so many people means we have extensive knowledge and experience to understand which glass door option is best for your circumstances.
If you are reading this, you are also likely thinking of adding a sliding glass door to your bathtub. Keep reading to better understand how you can benefit from installing a sliding bathtub glass door.
- A Great Space Saver: The best part about sliding doors is they are great space savers. So, even if you have a small bathroom with a tiny bathtub, sliding glass doors can perfectly fit into the space. Instead of swinging out into the bathroom like hinge or pivot doors, they slide along the tub’s edge, making them ideal for smaller bathrooms. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about having enough space to accommodate a swinging door. They are also easy to maneuver and can make getting in and out of the bathtub an easier process.
- A Design Upgrade: Shower curtains are not only unattractive but can be unhygienic, as they are prone to mould and mildew growth. A sliding glass bathtub door can give your bathroom decor a big upgrade as they give your tub a clean, modern, and uncluttered look. And while it may not be possible to go to a spa every day, choosing sliding glass doors from Shower Lagoon can recreate a spa-like feel in your bathroom. Coordinate the color of your tiles to match the rest of the room’s decor and use softer light to maintain the spa-like aesthetic.
- A Functional Upgrade: When you use a sliding door on your bathtub, it creates a solid barrier that helps contain the water within the shower and tub area. You can also add privacy to the tub by using frosted glass. It also helps allow more light into an area that would otherwise be blocked by your shower curtain.
- A Versatile Glass Door Option:
- Single-tub door panels
- Double sliding shower doors
- Framed/frameless/semi-frameless sliding shower doors for a tub
- Metro sliding shower doors
- Bypass sliding doors
We hope this guide has given you a clear idea about bathtub sliding glass doors and their advantages. If you want to know more about them, please contact our glass door experts.